I am currently searching for a full-time Research Scientist position at the intersection of AI and societal impacts for late 2021. Send me an email if you think I would be a good fit for your team!
- I am an area chair on the Ethics for NLP track for EMNLP 2021.
- My recent article, “What’s in the Box? An Analysis of Undesirable Content in the Common Crawl Corpus” got accepted to ACL-IJCNLP 2021!
- I am a co-organizer of the 2021 Machine Learning Reproducibility Challenge and the 3rd Workshop on Artificial Intelligence for Social Good at IJCAI 2021.
- I have received the 2021 Antidote Scholarship for my work in Natural Language Processing.
- I was featured in a recent CBC article about the dangers of bias in AI models.
The research subjects I am working on are:
- The societal and environmental impacts of artificial intelligence (AI)
- Calculating the carbon impact of AI algorithms
- Ethical and explainable machine learning
- Best practices for data collection and sharing
- Deploying AI tools for humanitarian support
For my full CV, see here